WHY EVERY CHRISTIAN SHOULD STUDY REVELATION –
We should study Revelation because:
1. The Book is an unveiling of both the Person and plan of Jesus Christ
1. The word Revelation means unveiling.
2. The word Revelation occurs only once in the Gospels (Luke 2:32) where it is translated to lighten. It occurs many times in the writing of Paul.
A. The mystery which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men was made unto Paul by revelation (Ephesians 3:3).
B. The gospel which was preached by Paul was given by “the revelation of Jesus Christ.” (Galatians 1:12).
2. The prophecy of this Book is revealed to God’s servants
1. God’s servants have a special insight as to “things which must come to past.”
3. A threefold blessing is announced:
1. “Blessed is he that readeth”- Nothing is said about one must understand it. This shows Revelation is not a closed book.
2. “They that hear the words of this prophecy.”
3. “And (they) that keep those things which are written therein”- the word keep means “to guard.”
4. Revelation is a Book of prophecy:
In II Peter, we are told that “prophecy” is “A light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn.” Revelation has three popular views of interpretation:
1. Some hold it is History–Past
2. Some hold it is a Book of Symbolism–all figurative.
3. I believe it is a Book of Prophecy- Revelation 9:10. “And I fell at His feet to worship Him. And He said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
5. Revelation contains three major themes:
1. The final glorification of the “Bride of Christ the Church.”
2.The Salvation of the Jewish Remnant.
3.And the final Judgment of God on the unbelieving world.