1. THE BINDING OF SATAN (Vs. 1-3)
1. At the close of the Battle of Amageddon, when all the enemies of Christ and Israel are destroyed and the Beast and the false prophet are cast into the lake
of fire, then the “Millennium” (thousand year reign
of Christ), Kingdom age, will begin.
2. The first order of business for the Millennium will be the binding of satan for the duration — V-2.
3. After the Millenniumn satan must be loosed for a “Life season.”
2. THE KINGDOM AGE (Vs. 4-6)
1. the Kingdom age is the time when every prayer for Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth as it is heaven” will be answered. This is the age when the King (Jesus) sits on the throne of his father David and reigns in righteousness over the whole earth.
2. Those who reign with Christ include all who are martyred during the Great Tribulation (V-4) and all who rise at the first resurrection (v-6). See also I Thesssalomians 4:16.
3. Not one person will be resurrected until AFTER the Millennium.
4. Where shall we reign with Christ? On the earth — See Revelation 5:10.
3. THE WORLD’S LAST BATTLE (VS. 7-9)
1. After the Millennium, satan will be loosed for a short time. He immediately goes to work deceiving the people again.
2. Gog is the ruler and Magog is the country over which he rules.
3. Satan will be able to deceive many people and lead them to Jerusalem to fight against Jesus Christ and the people of God. God wins this battle by raining down fire from heaven and destroying them. All of the lost are now dead.
4. THE DOOM OF SATAN (V-10)
1. Satan will be cast into the lake of fire-hell.
2. Note “Where the Beast and false prophet ARE.” They will have been there for 1,000 years – this does not sound like annihilation.
3. Satan is not the “General manager of hell.” He does not punish anyone in hell. Satan SUFFERS IN HELL FOREVER AND FOREVER.
5. THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT (Vs. 11-15)
1. The present heaven and earth will be destroyed – V-11. See I Peter 3:7 and note the time of this destruction.
“Judgment day of the wicked and ungodly men.”
2. All the lost dead, regardless of race, color, creed, wealth or position, shall be judges according to their works-V-12, none of the saved will be there.
3. The lost will be judged here, not to decide whether or not they go to hell, but to decide the degree of their punishment in hell.
4. All the lost will be cast into hell, Then death and and hades will be cast into hell.
5. Death is separation. The second death is everlasting separation from God. see 2 Thess. 1:9. All those who names are not in the Book of Life suffer the second death.
6. With the close of this chapter, God is finished with sin and the sinners forever. Satan and all sinners are in hell for all eternity.