1. THE ALLEULUIAS OF THE SAINTS (Vs-1-6)
1. The redeemed in heaven praise God for what happened in chapter 18.
2. God’s judgment of the harlot is true and righteous — V-2.
3. Everyone in heaven is singing alleluia BECAUSE the Lord reigns. The saints are grieved today as we see God blasphemed, ignored, insulted at the will of men, but we shall be pleased to see the Lord take over in power and reign.
2. THE MARRIAGE OF THE LAMB (Vs. 7-10)
1. This is the marriage of Jesus Christ and His Bride, the Church. The marriage takes place in heaven. It is Heaven’s greatest social event.
2. Who is the bride? Not all Christians, not all members of all chuches, not all churches, but all bom again members of all true New Testament churches.
3. The bride (church) will not be universal but local (in heaven), it will not be invisible (dressed in white linen). There never has been and never will be a universal invisible church.
4. The other Christians (not members of true churches) will be attendants and guests at the wedding – those referred to in V-9 are invited (called) guests. If all believers are the church (bride), who are those guests here?
5. It is wrong to worship angels — V-10.
3. THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST (VS. 11-16)
1. These verses describe Christ’s return in glory and power to reign on the earth. Note the purpose of His coming — to “judge and make war” — V-11. To rule the nations with a rod of iron – V-15.
2. Note the description of the Rider. Every word used here is used elsewhere in the Bible to describe Christ.
3. He will come this time, not as a lamb, but as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
4. THE BUZZARD FEAST (Vs. 16-19)
1. When the Beast and all his puppets gather all their armies together the angel, knowing what will happen, calls all the buzzards and carrion-eating birds together to the great slaughter and feast.
5. THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON (Vs. 20-21)
1. When the Beast and false prophet and the armies of the earth gather at the place called Armageddon, and the Lord Jesus Christ comes from heaven at the head of Heaven’s army, then Jesus will cast the Beast and the false prophet into hell; and He will slay the puppet rulers and their armies with the “Sword of His
mouth” (His Word), and then the birds will feast upon the bodies of the dead.
2. It will be wonderful to be on the Lord’s side in that awful day. Today is the day of choosing sides. Now is the time to choose between Jesus Christ and the world – which will it be?