JOHN’S VISION OF JESUS – Revelation 1:10-18
Here we see the glorified Lord dressed in His priestly garment V-13. This is rightly so because He is our high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Let’s note the following picture of Jesus:
1. Verse 14 – “His head and His hair were white like wool, as white as snow.” This speaks of His eternity.
2. Verse 14 – ” His eyes were as flame of fire.” This speaks of His anger.
3. Verse 15 – “His feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace.” This speaks of judgment.
4. Verse 15 – “His voice as the sound of many waters.” This speaks of His authority.
5. Verse 16 – “he had in His right hand seven stars.” These seven stars are the seven angels (pastors) of the seven churches. Verse 20.
6. Verse 16 – “Out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword.” This shows the power of His word. Hebrews 4:12 “For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
7. Verse 16 – “His countenance was as the sun shineth in His strength.” This speaks of His glory.