1. HERE WE HAVE A PICTURE OF THE ETERNAL CHRIST
1. Christ is called the one “WHICH WAS” John 1:1 in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. Christ is called the one “WHICH IS” Hebrews 7:25 “Wherefore he is able to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.”
3. Christ is called the one “WHICH IS TO COME” Revelation 1:7 “Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced him; and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.”
2. THEN WE HAVE A PICTURE OF THE REDEEMING CHRIST
1. “Unto Him that loved us” I John 4:10 “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitation for our sins, (God so loved the world- Christ also loved the church.)
2. “And washed us from our sins” Isaiah 53:5 “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” (Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission.)
3. “And hath made us kings and priests” – Royal family- John 1:12.
SEVEN SIMPLE STEPS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE STUDYING REVELATION- Revelation 1:7-8
Looking at the mountain peaks of Revelation, we arrive at the following sequence: First will be the return of the Lord to gather and to take to Heaven His Church- Rev. 4:1. “After this I looked, and behold, a door was opened in heaven; and the first voice I heard was as a trumpet talking with me which said, “Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.” I Thess. 4:16-2nd- will be the terrible period of world tribulation, incited by the Devil (Rev. 6:1- 18:24) -3rd- will be the climax of this Tribulation period which Christ coming in power. (Rev 16:12-16 – 19:17-21.) 4th- Christ will judge nations and will reign on earth, with His saints, for a thousand years (Matt. 25:31-46 – Rev. 21:1-16) 5th- will come the Millenium, Satan will be loosed for a season. 6th- the final judgment of all unbelievers and lake of fire (Rev. 20:11-15.) 7th- the establishing of the New Heaven and the New Earth, with God on the throne over all. (Rev. 20:7 – 22:21).